On 19th February 2021, I gave a demonstration of workflow using Dynamics 365 Business Central and Dynamics 365 Sales with Power Automate and Microsoft Teams at my company’s Webiner. Since there is not enough time to explain all the settings in the demo, I will introduce the basics of BC workflow and the techniques used in the demo.
the workflow shown in the demo is as follows.
A sales person requests approval of the sales quotation in BC to sales manager.
The sales manager approves the quote without stepping out of Teams.
– A sales person qualified a lead in D365Sales then a account of customer was created.
– Synchronize the data between D365Sales and D365BC, and then create a customer in BC.
– The 1st workflow is created automatically.
– The sales manager approves the created customer and applies for the credit limit.
– The 2nd workflow is automatically created.
– Accounting manager check the credit limit, sets up the posting group and payment terms for the customer, and approves the customer.
The basis of the workflow running in the above demo
1. Create BC workflows that are triggered by clicking the Request Approval button.
Use the Wizard to create a workflow that starts when you click the Approval Request button in the Customer Master.In addition, the basic structure of the BC workflow and the required settings (approved users) will be done.
– Setup : How to Setup Workflow of D365BC #1
– Execute : How to Setup Workflow of D365BC #2
2. Create a BC workflows that are triggered when a record is changed.
Use Wizard to create a workflow that is automatically activated when you increase the credit limit of a customer.
– Setup : How to Setup Workflow of D365BC #3
– Execute : How to Setup Workflow of D365BC #4
3. Create a Power Automate flow that is triggered when the approval request button is clicked in BC.
Use the Power Automate template to create a Power Automate flow that is triggered when the Approval Request button is clicked on the BC Sales Quote card page.
– Setup : How to Setup Workflow of D365BC #5
– Check : How to Setup Workflow of D365BC #6
– Execute : How to Setup Workflow of D365BC #7
Tips & Tricks for the demo
Demo 1 : How to Setup Workflow of D365BC #8
Demo 2 : How to Setup Workflow of D365BC #9